Did you spend all of your money on awesome headphones and completely forget that you need an Amp / DAC to power them? Have no fear, the lovely people at Grant Fidelity have a solution for you and it’s called the Grant Fidelity TubeDAC-11. This product isn’t one thing, its five! It is designed to be used as 1) external USB DAC for laptop through any output, 2) headphone amp, 3) tube processor for analog signal, 4) digital decoder for optical and coaxial signal, 5) pre-amplifier with volume control.
The Grant Fidelity TubeDAC-11 is a stunning example of just how much you can get for your money these days. It has so many functions and not one of them is a weak link – each is well implemented and performs to a very high standard. The nex cheapest product I can think of that offers this much functionality in such a small box (the Matrix Quattro DAC) goes for twice the price. I can absolutely see the TubeDAC acting as the very capable heart of many an audio system.
Full Review Here
Full Review Here
- (5) sets of selectable inputs to allow you plenty of choices - including 2 sets RCA, 1 coaxial, 1 optical and 1 USB
- (2) sets of RCA Outputs tailored to your taste - one with transistor and one with a single 6N11 vacuum tube (can be replaced with 6922, E88CC, 6DJ8, 6H23n and CCa tubes) with passive volume control
- DAC direct output - by pass tube buffer stage and volume control for you to match the DAC with other high end amplification (amp must have its own volume control as DAC direct output pass signal at full volume)
- Built-in transistor headphone amp to allow you enjoy music in privacy (standard 6.5mm jack). Alternatively, you can use a RCA to 6.5mm jack adapter to connect headphones directly to the rear tube output. Note: front solid state headphone out can accept headphone with impedance as low as 16ohm; rear tube out only work properly with headphones with impedance over 300 ohm.
- Key parts are of audiophile quality throughout
- High efficiency low noise custom toroidal transformer which is usually only used on high end audio
- Separate power supply to tube circuitry to reduce interference
- Gold coated signal connectors throughout
- No over-samping - input singal pass through at original sampling rate
- TE7022 USB 2.0 decoding chip is used to process data at 24/96kHz
- High quality Cirrus Logic CS4398 for main D/A converter - provide rich mid-range and low clock jitter
- ADA4075-2 as opamp for sweet midrange
- Dual voltage (115/230V +/-10% wide range) for you to take it with you anywhere in the world
- Brushed aluminum faceplate and complete casing
- Complete set of cables included: (1) IEC power cord, (1) RCA, (1) Coaxial, (1) Optical and (1) USB
- Input: Optical, Coaxial, USB，Analong x 2
- Input digital signal format: 32-192 KHz, 16/24 Bit auto detection. (USB 2.0 supports up to 24Bit 96KHz)
- Output: DAC output, pre line output , tube buffer output.
- SNR: >120dB
- Dynamic Range: 115dB.
- THD+N: <0.0008% at 20-20KHz (tube out :0.02%)
- Frequency response: 20-20KHz -0.2dB.
- Output Level: DAC output: 2V, pre line output/ tube buffer output:max 6V
- Output Impedance: Line out and Tube out - <20 ohm, DAC out < 600 ohm
- Headphone output power: 110mW at 300 Ohm, and 600mW at 32 Ohm
- Channel separation: DAC and Headphone output - 105dB; Tube output - 90 dB
- Power consumption: <20W.
- Net Dimensions: 10" W x 7" D x 2" H
- Net Weight: 1.6Kg (3.5 lb)
- Package Size: 12" W x 12" D x 4" H
- Color: black faceplate or silver faceplate
Domestic and international orders will be shipped by Massdrop
Estimated time until product ships: 14 business days after the drop end date.
Why can't I see the price?
Massdrop helps you buy as a group to get the best prices on the things you want.
As a result, products we sell have a substantial discount which we are forbidden from displaying publicly. Keeping our site private allows us to negotiate more effectively with vendors on your behalf.
Already a member? Sign In