When you plunk down a paycheck or two on a high grade DAC, you want it to work with a variety of inputs, an assortment of genres, and all types of files. Audio aside, you want your DAC housed in a durable casing with easy to read controls, a satisfying heft, and a polished finish. Bringing you a boat load of function protected by a simply classy casing, the Matrix X-SABRE DAC combines top of the line technology and intelligent construction for an all around impressive audio experience.
Starting off with impeccable electronics, Matrix uses a high-end XMOS X-CORE digital signal processing (DSP) unit to feed a bit-perfect, asynchronous data-stream to a top of the line DAC, the Sabre ES9018. Thanks to the eight mono to two stereo configuration, you have four D/A converters per channel, bringing you dedicated power for the entire soundstage. Speak of the devil, the soundstage on this DAC brings new meaning to expansive, granting crisp instrument segmentation and phenomenal sound imaging.
With three input options (Coaxial, USB, and ABS/EBU), two output options (RCA and XLR), full support for Mac and Windows operating systems, and a wide range of compatible file types (even including DSD and DXD, two of the rarest and highest quality formats), your X-SABRE can keep up with any speaker, headphone, or nearly any variety of set-up you throw its way. To ensure that all of that quality is secure, the Matrix X-SABRE DAC is housed in a durable aluminum shell, CNC machined from a solid block to maintain the best possible electrical isolation.
- Matrix Audio
- ESS Technology ES9018 SABRE Reference 32-bit DAC
- XMOS X-CORE 32-bit / 500 MIPS digital signal processing unit
- Asynchronous data transfer mode
- Low latency ASIO/KS drivers suported
- 4 D/A converters per channel
- Aluminum unibody shell
- LED display
- Lever switch to alternate between inputs
- High quality gold plated terminals
- Three stainless steel nails on the bottom to minimize vibrations
- Power: AC 220 V 50/60 Hz (AC 110 V 50/60 Hz)
- Power consumption: < 10 W
- 8.08 x 10.24 x 1.89 in (205 x 260 x 48 mm)
- 7.94 lbs (3.6 kg)
- Coaxial: 16 - 24bit / 44.1k / 48k / 88.2k / 176.4k / 192k
- AES/EBU: 16 - 24bit / 44.1k / 48k / 88.2k / 176.4k / 192k
- USB: 16 - 32bit / 44.1k / 48k / 88.2k / 176.4k / 192k / 352.8k / 384k
- Supports DSDx64 (2.8224 MHz) / DSDx128 (5.6448 MHz)
- Supports DXD (24-bit/352.8 kHz)
- Supports Mac OS and Windows XP/Vista/7/8
- RCA output level: 2.2 Vrms at 0 dBFS
- XLR output level: 6.8 Vrms at 0 dBFS (XLR: 1=GND, 2=hot, 3=col)
- Frequency response: 20 Hz - 20 kHz +/0 0.1 dB
- SNR (weighted): 124 dB 0 dBFS
- SNR (A-weighted): 127 dB 0 dBFS
- THD+N: 0.0003%
- Channel separation: -145 dB @ 20 Hz, -143 dB @ 1 kHz, -136 @ 20 kHz
- Power cord
- Driver disk
- User guide
Domestic and international orders will be shipped by Massdrop.
Estimated time until product ships: 10 days after the drop end date.