It is safe to say most people use a keyboard more than anything else they own. Most keyboards are cheap, flimsy, and utilize exceptionally low quality components despite their importance and ubiquity. If you needed one tool to do your job, wouldn't you want the best tool possible? That's where mechanical keyboards come in.
Instead of using cheap membrane based actuation, they utilize mechanical switches (Cherry MX Red switches for this keyboard) with incredible durability, dependability, and superior feel while typing. Instead of the usual unsatisfying squish you get from a low-end keyboard, Cherry MX Red switches have a smooth, desirable, linear key press.
This keyboard includes a built-in macro capability with support for 5 sets of up to 50 macros each. The keyboard features a soft-touch, rubberized surface for maximum comfort. An attachable wrist rest helps ensure that your hands are at the proper angle for efficient typing and reduces fatigue and stress related issues.
Each key is backlit with a red LED, which allows the keys to be easily identified in low-lighting conditions. The illumination level is adjustable to five levels, including a setting which cycles between minimum and maximum illumination levels.
The keyboard includes a 2-port USB 2.0 hub along with convenient connections for headset/speakers and microphone. It connects to the computer through the USB interface and features a 58" fabric covered cable for maximum durability.
- Uses Cherry Red MX switches
- Gold plated switch contacts
- Switches rated for over 50 million keystrokes
- 2 mm keyswitch actuation distance, 4 mm full throw distance
- Requires only 45 grams actuation force
- Red LED backlighting for each key
- Includes 2-port USB 2.0 hub
- Convenient connections for headset and mic
- Supports 5 sets of 50 macros each
- Cylindrical shaped keytops
- Soft-touch rubberized surface
- Includes attachable wrist rest
- Includes media key functions for controlling playback of multimedia content