Whether you are a lifetime musical tinkerer or just curious about synthesizer DIY, the Moog Werkstatt Synth Kit offers a doorway into a world of limitless experimentation and sonic creation. Based on classic Moog circuits, the Werkstatt is a patchable one oscillator analog synthesizer that can be easily assembled with minimal tools and know-how.
Note: At checkout, you can purchase extra patch cables (+$10) as well as the Werkstatt CV Expander (+$39.99). To assemble the Werkstatt you will need a Philips screw driver and a pair of small pliers, no soldering is required at all.
The Moog Wekstatt Kit was originally designed as a teaching tool for exclusive workshops but is now being offered in a no-soldering-required version for public consumption. This compact synthesizer can be used as a tool for discovery or learning but can also be modded and expanded to produce a lifetime of uninhibited auditory invention.
The Moog Werkstatt Synth Kit is both an educational tool and a formidable Moog analog synthesizer. The kit includes a one-octave low note priority keyboard with glide control and an analog output located the rear panel for connecting to external amplifier. A single pin patch bay located on the right side of the console further expands the Werkstatt’s capabilities. Offering a wide variety of signal augmentation including low frequency and voltage oscillators, filters and envelopes, this workstation is a virtual playground of possibilities for those with a curious mind.
• Single VCO with frequency control (8Hz to 16KHz)
• Saw and square waveshapes with control for square pulse width
• Envelope or LFO selectable Mod Source that can be assigned to PWM or Pitch with Amount control
• Ability to PWM the square wave
• Classic 4-Pole Moog Ladder Filter with Resonance control (20Hz-20KHz)
• Select between the Envelope generator and LFO as Mod Source.
• Polarity switch (+/-) and amount knob for control of filter cutoff modulation
• Selectable Square or Triangle waveshape with rate control (2Hz-600Hz)
• Select between the Envelope Generator or ON (Drone)
• Controls for Attack & Decay time with Sustain On/Off switch
• One octave low-note priority legato keyboard with glide control
• VCA Input0V to +5V in VCA EG Mode, +/-2.5V in VCA ON Mode
• VCF Input-5V to +5
• VCO LINEAR FM Input +/-2.5V - NOTE: this is an inverting control input
• VCO EXPONENTIAL FM Input -5V to +5V, 1V/Octave trimmable
• LFO CV Input 5V to +5V – NOTE: Negative CV slows LFO more than the panel
• VCF AUDIO InputUnbuffered/Unmixed AC coupled input to VCF
• Two KB CV Output3V/semitone from 1 keyboard - NOTE: Attenuate for 1V/Octave
• Two TRIG Output 5 msec pulse, 0 to +5 V signal generated from low-note priority
• Two GATE Output0 to +5V signal generated from low-note priority
• Two EG Output0 to +5V signal, Simple ASD or AD type Envelope Generator
• Two LFO Output -2.5 to +2.5V Triangle or Square wave, selected via LFO Switch
• Two VCF Output-2V to +2 V signal for audio or CV uses
• Two VCO Output0V to +5V VCO signal, wave selected by VCO Wave Switch
• Audio Output Nominal +/-1.5V Signal
• Power+12VDC Center Positive with 1.2A Wall transformer
• Power Consumption: 1.8 Watt AVG
All orders will be shipped by Massdrop.
Estimated ship date is Oct 16, 2015 PT.
After the drop ends, payment will be collected. To deliver the best value to the group the request will then be submitted to the vendor up front, making all sales final. Be sure to check the discussion page for updates.