Already a member?
XDuoo XD-05 DAC/Amp
XDuoo XD-05 DAC/Amp
You are currently viewing a single conversation.
Return to Full Discussion
Just received my XD-05 -but I've got no CD disk drive so can't install the Windows USB drivers. Tried to find them on the web but can't. Any help please?
UPDATE: OK I managed to borrow an old laptop with a CD drive so I've copied the files onot a USB and have managed to install them (not easily I might add - I had to manually extract the files from the exe).
Now my problem is that the driver isn't digitally signed, so my work PC won't let me install the drivers! Urghh! Why is it so easy on my MAC and so difficult on Windows (rhetorical question, BTW!).
Any tips to get it digitally signed on Windows 10, or not-too-nasty hacks to get around the problem?
I struggled with this for a while as well. I personally think it's pretty poor that xDuoo hasn't gotten the drivers signed by Microsoft. I know it takes a bit of effort, time and money, but it's for the benefit of the their customers at the end of the day.
The issue here is due to a change which was brought in with the Anniversary Edition (now more than a year old) of Windows 10. Basically any new installation of Windows 10 using Anniversary edition media (so any installs int he last 12 months) Windows enforces only using drivers signed by Microsoft. This is in place tin order to improve the stability and security of Windows (it's a good thing).
Now there are a few ways around this. Most include disabling secure boot and putting Windows into a Test mode (basically a mode designed for developers to test drivers and software). Obviously this is less secure and not an ideal work around.
Another of the exceptions is to use drivers that where 3rd party signed before 29th July 2015. The drivers still need to be signed, but they don't need to be signed by Microsoft. Thankfully the drivers that xDuoo is issuing has been signed by a third party. Looking at their Japanese website there are a few different drivers to download:
There are 2 there for TUSB: v3.34.0 lists the XD-05 as supported, v2.23.0 does not. I found that the v2.23.0 install works perfectly fine with the XD-05 and installs into Windows 10 Anniversary without a hitch (due to it's signing date). Follow these steps to install and setup the xDuoo XD-05:
1) Extract the TUSB_v2.23.0.rar file to a folder on your computer
2) Navigate to the extract folder and run the TUSBAudio_CustomizationKit_v2.23.0.exe (note: the file might be looked for security, to unlock it Right Click on it and select Properties. At the bottom of the Properties Window there is a check box saying the file is blocked. Untick it, press OK and reboot your computer)
3) Once it is completed go to "C:\Thesycon\TUSBAudio_v2.23.0\CustomizationKit\driver packages" in Windows Explorer and run XMOS_EVAL_KITS_DriverSetup_v2.23.0.exe. You will need to set your XD-05 to USB mode (centre of the Input selector switch), plug it in to the computer and turn it on.
4) Click through the prompts and wait for the driver to finish installing.
5) Once completed it should be detected in the computer Device Manager as the 'XMOS XS1-U8 MFA' device under the 'XMOS USB 2.0 Audio Devices group.
6) To set up the device open the TUSBAudio Control Panel (the red T in the button right of the Task Bar). Go tot he Format tab and set the Output to '2 channels, 24 bits'.
7) Now open the Sound control panel (right click on the speaker icon in the Task bar and select 'Playback Devices') and select the XMOS entry and select 'Properties'.
8) In the Properties go to 'Advanced' tab and set the Default Format to 24 bit, 192000 Hz. You can also give the device a new name if you want in the general tab.
That's it. You're setup and ready to go. I've so far done this setup on 4 of my Windows 10 computers and it has worked perfectly each time. Good luck and enjoy!
I couldn't get it to install from the disk either, I had to copy the files to a folder on my desktop then run them from there, pretty sure it wasn't my CD-ROM drive's fault either. Windows 10 Home.
Hi msolok - sorry I only just saw your reply today! Thanks so much for the detailed explanation. I'll give it a go tomorrow and let you know if it works for me.
OK - finally found the time. All works just as you said msolok. Thanks heaps!
Now if mass drop can pressure the xDuoo crowd to just get a proper MS signed driver, then that would HUGELY betterer :-)
Update to Windows fall creator edition and you don't need to install a driver any more
See All Drops
Onkyo Integra Tx 65 Computer Controlled Tuner Amplifier W Am Fm Tuner
Akg K Xx 7 Massdrop Edition Headphones
Iem Aaw A D 1
Philips Shs3200 37
Sony Mdr Ds7500
Smsl M 2 Headphone Amplifier
Sennheiser Headphones Open Closed
Akg K Hd 242 Semiopen Headphones
Cambridge Audio Topaz Cd5
Coby Mp C831
Fireye Hdb Balanced Portable Amplifier
Powered Amp Mixer
Sony Mdr Rf925rk 900 Mhz Analog Rf Wireless Headphone
Aune T 1 Mk 2 Headphone Tube Dacamp Combo
Philips Shp1800 37