Mar 16, 2017

Audiophile in training need guidance

Hello I recently joined mass drop and made my first purchase, it was a i dot hybrid Dac. I purchased it for my computer setup and I'm not sure which cables go where so I can use it and my speakers. I wouldwould appreciate help on this thank you.

Add a comment...
I guess the first piece of guidance I can give you is that this is not an audiophile community. The gear being sold here is 90% mass-consumer grade stuff from China, which includes the Little Dots. Actual audiophile gear would include things like the Grace m920 (currently on a drop), and a few mid-fi headphones like the TH-X00.
You mean the "Little Dot I+ Headphone Amp"? It's not a Dac, it's a headphone amp. So without a dedicated dac you would use the headphone out from your computer via a 3.5mm male to 2x RCA male connector (to amp). You say you want to connect it to speakers, are they active speakers? As in they have their own power source/amp? If so then you would need a 1/4inch (to amp) to 2x RCA male (to speakers).
Add a comment...