Ferrum Forge Youtube Video Topics
Chris with Ferrum Forge Knife Works here and I want to get your suggestions for topics for Elliot and I to discuss in new youtube videos.
We've decided to get back to the basics in 2019 and not only make more ranty, rambly, entertaining videos, but also get deeper into the science and engineering that are required to design and make high quality knives and explain why we do the things we do.
Here a couple topics we're planning to cover this year:
What questions do you have for us? What topics do you want us to talk about? Please help us out and let us know your thoughts.
- The differences between, benefits, and drawbacks of various locking mechanisms?
- Why do we use titanium on framelocks?
- What is "stainless steel" and why is it important?
- Tolerances and spacing
- Steel, heat treating, Rockwell hardness, and metallurgy
- Tip up vs. tip down carry