Focal Stellia: A Closed Back Utopia
Well, these were just announced. Sporting tech like a frameless 100% copper voice coil, M shaped pure beryllium domes, and a lot of the same tech featured in the Elegia to reduce resonance and absorb harshness up top. They seem to be vented so I believe they're technically semi-closed.
They should be hitting the market in early March and will retail for $2,999. Not shocking they retail more than the Sennheiser HD 820 ($2,400) but I'm more curious how they compare head-to-head as these are the only two TOTL "reference" closed backs on the market I can think of.
- Type: Circum-aural closed-back headphones
- Impedance: 35 Ohms
- Sensitivity: 106dB SPL / 1mW @ 1kHz
- THD: 0.1% @ 1kHz / 100 dB SPL
- Frequency response: 5Hz–40kHz
- Loudspeaker: 1.6″ (40mm) pure Beryllium “M” shape dome
- Weight: 0.96lb (435g)
- Cables provided:
- 1.2m OFC 24 AWG cable with 1/8″ (3.5mm) TRS jack connector + 6.3mm adaptor
- 3m OFC 24 AWG cable with 4-pin Neutrik XLR connector