Every October, artists all over the world take on the Inktober drawing challenge by creating one ink drawing a day for the entire month. It’s a great way to continue to develop your skills, create good habits, and see a ton of inspiring work from other artists.
HOW IT WORKS1. Make a drawing in ink (or any medium you prefer)
2. Post it in the discussion below
3. Do it every day of Inktober (or as often as you’d like)
4. Share the tools you use, your favorite Inktober prompts, and more
Here are the official Inktober.com prompts to inspire your artwork. You certainly don’t need to follow them, but they should help get you going.
BONUS: WE’RE DOING A GIVEAWAY!
Every day you post your artwork, you’ll get an entry into our Inktober giveaway. Each participant gets up to 31 entries total. The winner will receive a Tombow brush pen bundle, an Arches cold-pressed watercolor pad, and a 2-pack of Diamine Shimmertastic ink!
The winner will be randomly selected after the end of the contest period on Friday, November 3. Remember, the more days you participate, the greater your chances of winning. (Inappropriate posts will be flagged and removed.)
To help get you inspired, here are some examples from past Inktobers by artists we love.
Check out what artists all over the world are doing for #Inktober!
· Facebook: facebook.com/hashtag/inktober
· Twitter: twitter.com/search?q=%23inktober&
· Instagram: instagram.com/explore/tags/inktober/
· Pinterest: pinterest.com/search/pins/?q=inktober
· Tumblr: tumblr.com/tagged/inktober
NEED SUPPLIES? WE’VE GOT YOU COVERED
We’re running some great drops for art supplies throughout October. If you have something you’d like to see on Massdrop, let us know and we’ll do our best to make it happen!
· OCTOBER 5: Moleskine Two-Go Notebookshttps://www.massdrop.com/buy/moleskine-two-go-notebook-2-pack· OCTOBER 9: De Atramentis Persons of History Inkshttps://www.massdrop.com/buy/de-atramentis-persons-of-history· OCTOBER 23: Pentel Pocket Brush Penshttps://www.massdrop.com/buy/pentel-pocket-brush-pen