Wolverine's 1000 Mile Boot
Curious about experiences with this classic. Cautious to order online if the fit isn't great...though it seems they can be returned within 45 days (except for custom boots).
Fit: Online comments suggest ordering a size 10, for example, rather than 10.5 (as a typical ideal fit). How about width? Is a standard D actually D width or slightly narrower or wider? D and 3E seem to be the only width options.
Models: So many.... Any advice/preferences/etc. in picking the style? An attempt at summarizing *boot* style variations:
I'll likely go for the Original, though the Evans is also appealing. Are leather or rubber soles 'better'?
Color: How do the various color options wear over time? The black and brown are my likely choices, but which one?! :) Thoughts on color versatility with outfits? Is Cordovan No. 8 color a slightly reddish brown? Any dye leakage with wetness (rain, sweat, etc.)?
Any other advice is appreciated, such as 'Care.'
- Original -- including a leather sole...
- Evans -- grippy sole, otherwise original style?
- Addison Wingtip -- fanciest?
- Rockford Cap-toe -- fancier...
- Harwell Chukka -- lower cut & fancier...
- Montague Chelsea -- slip-ons & grippy sole
- Courtland -- grippy sole & boxier toe??
- 'Cortado' -- full Vibram sole