Ducky MIYA Panda Pre-order
Pretty excited about this set and board. This will be my first themed mech key set that I have purchased. I have used all kinda of keyboards through out my life, and liked the Logitech wave for a bit along with the Microsoft ergo too.
This seem to fit all the checks for a nice board for me with the caveat that there is no Bluetooth. Maybe thats an overrated feature, but would be nice to cut as many wires where I can. That being said, can not wait to get this later this month. The style of it, small form factor, cherry mx switches and the mat looks pretty slick too.
I will have to post a follow up once I get the actual board, but some of the wins for me on this are the following:
Got this to tie me over until the Panda unit arrives. Super cheap, backlit, and stops me from using this weird Logitech one. (K400r)
Runner ups were :
- Backlit - I think this is a must have in todays modern world.
- Aesthetically pleasing - I liked this theme, and Chinese artwork particularly. A lot to this but simply put for brevity.
- Small form factor - I was originally eyeballing a WASD TKL with the function and editing keys, still may get that in the end. We shall see.
- Standard or better key switches - this was a concern as some vendor use less than quality or off brand switches with terrible feedback, etc.
- Upgrade to the current setup - sold my old Mac Pro with the keyboard, using my Logitech tv/PS4 keyboard while I filched around for a new replacement.
- Price - This seemed decent in comparison to a lot of the other mechanical boards. There are a lot that are all over the field in terms of price/quality/functionality.
- OS agnostic - This is important as I use macOS now, but see myself migrating back towards Linux for various reasons. But never know when I might be in Windows either, work laptop or something.
- Key layout dip switches - Would be nice if it had the dip switches for the keyboard layouts , but nothing a few pulls and some software cant fix either.
Would love to hear the communities feedback. Maybe I missed something , but after weeks of looking around at tons of them on Amazon, Reddit threads, looking on here, etc. But sometimes too much information makes it even hard to make a sound decision.