We describe this speaker as "badass rugged." It's shockproof, dustproof, water resistant, and can blast booming bass for up to 10 hours that can be clearly heard from 30 feet away, which is perfect for everything from picnics to outdoor parties.
California-based Outdoor Tech is committed to creating products "that can go where you go," designing technology durable and versatile enough to handle the Great Outdoors. The Turtle Shell was under development for 14 months before being catapulted to fame through a Kickstarter in September of 2012.
- Rechargeable lithium-ion battery lasts up to 10 hours under heavy use.
- Shockproof, IPX-5 water resistant, and dust-proof.
- Bluetooth enabled; music can be wirelessly played from mobile devices.
- Built-in microphone for speakerphone functionality.
- Range of up to 30 feet
- The first speaker to feature standard camera threading, making it attachable to any standard camera tripod or stand.